Senior/Middle Java Developer
Sidenis focuses on customized software solutions for insurance and reinsurance companies. We work with such business leaders as Swiss Re and Allianz. We believe that our team as well as our 20 years of experience is unmatched in the industry. As an owner-operated company we do not stop to improve and innovate day by day.
We want to be the first choice of insurance and reinsurance customers when it comes to challenging software projects. For this we need to master the very latest developments in business and technology, watch out for trends and continuously adapt to improve and stay ahead of our current and future competitors.
We are very successful in what we are doing and the main reason are the excellent people who are working for our company. We trust in our people. We trust in our expertise. We trust in successful partnerships with our clients and in a prosperous future.
Our company is over 20 years in business, since 2009 under the name of Sidenis. Today we count close to 200 people working at four different locations - Zurich, Saint-Petersburg, Tomsk and Kaliningrad.
And we welcome candidates to join our team today as Java Developers for the project for Swiss Re company.
- You will be working in an international team distributed between St. Petersburg and Zurich
- You will be developing a microservice application based on latest technologies and with a complex business logic
- You will help to keep the balance between delivering business value and solving technical issues
- You have a decent experience of java development for enterprise
- You understand how to work with our current technology stack (Java 11, Cloud Foundry, Docker, Gradle, Spring Boot 2, RabbitMQ, MongoDB) or alternatives
- Your English is intermediate and higher
- You get things done in a smart way
- You can propose a solution for a problem and explain why it is good
- You know the tools you use to solve problems
- You write tests and know why that is important
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Agile
- Ability to take the initiative
- You don’t need micromanagement
- Researching and documenting skills
- Desire to continuously improve the development process
- Official competitive salaries
- Company health insurance scheme after trail period
- Business trips to Europe
- Reimbursement of expenses of empolyee's self-education (trainings, conferences, etc.)
- Significant opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Comfortable office space with kitchen, cookies, fruits, rooftop terrace, a pull-up bar, kicker, bicycle parking, shops in 2 minutes' walking distance, fitness club in the office building
- Fitness club membership, health insuarence for a relative, workplace upgrade
- English and German language courses
- Free shuttle bus from Moscovskaya metro station