Senior Web Development Lead- Can Sponsor VISAs
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Senior Web Development Lead. This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site at the NIH in Rockville, MD USA. We can sponsor VISAs
- Lead the development of web platform architecture for NCBI’s family of high-volume, complex, high-availability websites serving millions of user daily.
- Develop, create, and incorporate new components for the NCBI 2.0 Web and API platform, style guide, and component toolkit, supporting high-volume web activities along with user interaction and scientific data visualization.
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in python/Django supporting millions of daily users.
- Provide thought leadership in the introduction and move to production usage for web, front-end, and related technologies.
- Lead agile product teams to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- Demonstrated experience leading both remote and on-site development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating Blog/CMS and CRM products with core business/website functionality.
- Experience delivering production APIs.
- Must be intelligent, self-motivated, a quick learner, technical, and have a curious mind.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related scientific or engineering field required.
- Excellent Web Development skills using Python, Django, Ruby, PHP, or similar technology.
- Adept at using modern APIs and frameworks (jQuery, jQuery UI, Angular, React, et al.)
- Web Agency and/or client-facing consulting experience a major plus.
- Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.