Senior Software Engineer (RoR) / Team Lead
Community of makers with flat organization structure that strives to provide alternative working environment. We value personal freedom, professional fulfillment and well-being of our members as well as satisfaction of our customers.
Experienced software engineer with strong Ruby (RoR) background to lead an Analytics Development team working at Universum (www.universumglobal.com) — Stockholm based company specializing in Employers' Branding.The platform provides rich interface for collected data, reports, insights, charts, filtering and comparison functionality. There is also a variety of data related products ranging from data collection to fueling the web interface.
- 1+ years of experience in leading engineering teams
- Ability to spread engineering culture, share best practices, manage knowledge and code ownership
- Focus on team success: teach, delegate, inspire with ideas and by personal example
- Experience with modern web stack (what is the best practice to solve a particular problem?)
- Proactive attitude to testing and desire to lead team into this direction
- Good understanding of deployment solutions (e.g. how to balance load, what to cache, where is CDN is applicable?)
- Experience with cloud deployments
- English proficiency (effortless verbal and written communication).
The following are skills may be obvious but still worth to be mentioned:
- Good understanding of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MySQL) and SQL queries performance optimization
- Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Knowledge of SPA frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Linux/Unix servers
- Good understanding of network infrastructure: DNS, IP, TCP, proxies etc.
- Experience with AWS deployments (EBS)
- Experience with dockerized deployments (ECS and Kubernetes)
The following skills are welcomed:
- Experience with C#, .NET, Mono
In addition to all formal and informal requirements we want to mention that as senior engineer you are expected to have your own opinion on how things should be done. We appreciate fresh thoughts, so be ready to show initiative, advocate your ideas and take lead realizing them.
- Competitive salary.
- Freedom to work in the office or remotely.
- Comfortable work environment in central Kyiv.
- Friendly team, warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Work in direct contact with product owners.