AWS Solutions Architect
ClearScale delivers best-of-breed cloud systems integration, application development, and managed services. We are experts in utilizing proven cloud technologies and are on the cutting edge of integrating emerging cloud technologies into our practice.
Our core competency is delivering custom cloud projects and services for clients who have limited cloud experience on staff or who need additional resources. We leverage the best cloud technology available to provide a solution that is unique to your project requirements.
ClearScale offers a full range of professional cloud services including architecture design, integration, migration, automation, management, and application development. Learn more about our cloud services.
We work with large enterprises and growing business across all verticals including social, gaming, media, entertainment, ecommerce, mobile, and education. Learn more about our portfolio of clients.
Our company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, the heart of the Silicon Valley, with offices in New York, Denver, Phoenix, and Toronto. The Russian office is located in Novosibirsk.
At ClearScale , we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Teamwork. Does this sound like you?
What you will be doing:
- Educate Enterprise and Mid-Market customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS and ClearScale solutions architect community
- Architecture design and other documentation
- Hands on DevOps work with customers
- Partner with the sales team, and help execute a sales strategy
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and delivery teams on projects
- SOW Creation
- Scoping calls and meetings
- Requirements gathering meetings
- Author or otherwise contribute to ClearScale customer-facing publications such as blog and case studies
Required skills and experience:
- Have worked directly in the DevOps field for 2-3 years as either a Devops/ SysOps, Solutions Architect or Technical Pre-Sales (AWS)
- Linux Server support (3 years +)
- High level of expertise with key AWS services
- Web technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, HAProxy, MySQL and others (3-5 years)
- High level of expertise with key AWS services (2 years+)
- Scripting Bash, Ruby and/or other programing skills
- Puppet, Chef, Docker and other automation tools
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- Experience working in Consulting and/or Outsourcing companies
- Experience creating SOWs
- Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity
- Ability to effectively exchange information, news, ideas and meaning in business and technical environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Agile & Lean principles
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Written and spoken English (excellent written and good spoken)
- AWS certifications highly desired
Note: Please provide your CV in English
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team