Java Team Lead
Project for one of the global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $35.4 billion in assets as of April 1, 2018. Firm has more than 2,400 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Teams work collaboratively to drive the production of trading algorithm and financial strategies - the foundation of a sustainable, global trading platform.
To enable and control trading teams, our core infrastructure platform is always seeking leading talent to evolve and scale offerings.
What we offer:
• Flexible schedule
• Possible business trips to NYC
• Exciting challenges and unique experience in the one of the largest hedge funds
• English courses
• Various professional development programs
• The friendly team of professionals;
- manage a team of 3-5 developers;
- participate in the design, implementation, testing and deployment of large-scale systems and services;
- understand system dependencies and limitations;
- understand the business need;
- understand the large scale thinking and approach;
- understand low level design;
- upply Agile / Scrum practices to deliver software releases.
- 5+ year of development experience;
- 2+ year of experience as a development lead;
- deep Java expertise;
- proven hands-on experience with Java SE 8+;
- deep OOP expertise;
- deep parallel and concurrent programming expertise;
- proven success using a repeatable, iterative software development methodology (Agile / Scrum);
- track record of completing software development projects on-time;
- ability to work with minimal direction in a self-sufficient manner, often adapting to ever-changing priorities;
- focus on accuracy and attention to detail;
- bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experiences.
- experience developing large-scale enterprise software;
- experience with JUnit, TDD, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Git,Linux,Jira, Jenkins;
- understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliabilit;
- solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices;
- understanding of clean code principles;
- financial / Investment Banking / Trading subject area experience and knowledge is a plus.