Data Engineer (Python, AWS)
ClearScale is a leading company that provides a wide range of cloud services including architecture design, development, integration, migration, automation, and managed services. We help Fortune 500 enterprises, mid-sized business, and startups succeed with ambitious, challenging, and unique cloud projects. We architect, develop, and launch innovative and sophisticated solutions using the best cutting-edge cloud technologies.
ClearScale is growing quickly and there is high demand for the services we provide. Clients come to us for our deep experience with key cloud infrastructure, automation, and management providers like AWS, Chef, Docker, and RightScale.
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact, enjoy competitive compensation, work on a wide variety of projects for clients across multiple industries, and work alongside some of the best minds in the cloud. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
- Work with managers to scope and prioritize feature requirements and engineering backlog.
- Investigate technologies and design products and services with other top engineers.
- Create applications that fundamentally protect people on the Internet.
- Practice secure development methodologies during design, implementation and maintenance of our client' products and services.
- Address vulnerability and security issues in application development maintenance according to industry best practices.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience developing distributed systems which can handle data at scale.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. PostgreSQL is a pig plus.
- Experience with web application development.
- Experience building and scaling applications and components using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with automation tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Comfortable using Linux in a development, test, and production environment.
- Knowledge of email authentication technologies (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team