Senior Backend Engineer (Kotlin/Java)
The world of renting is broken. Landlords and tenants have to live in a system that is rude, inefficient and expensive.
We believe that renting should be simple, fair and transparent. And we're using design and technology to provide both landlords and tenants with a brilliant experience at a reasonable price.
Before founding Kiko, Val and Tony have worked for Revolut and Blockchain to help these companies scale up to millions of users and transactions. Kiko is backed by some of the finest investors of the London and European tech scene.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Senior Backend Developer to work the development of our platform. You'll have the unique opportunity to work very closely with two world-class founders that previously have helped companies such as Revolut and Blockchain to acquire millions of users and build products that process millions of transactions every day.
We’re looking to hire some of the most talented developers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work on a greenfield project to disrupt rentals market and grow big with us, lots of exciting problems to solve and decisions to take part in
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation to QA and release
- There's work both on business side delivering new features and on the platform side scaling the infrastructure
- Our backend stack is based on Kotlin, Postgres and Redis, hosted on GCP in Kubernetes
- Join as 6th teammate, current team includes: CEO, CTO, FE developer, BE developer, Head of Ops
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Deep understanding of the Java or Kotlin
- 3 years (or above) experience in back-end development
- Experience collaborating on software projects with architecture, design, frontend and QA aspects
- Results-driven, your main focus is to deliver the product for the end user
- You can work autonomously and take ownership: discuss requirements, design solutions, use TDD to develop, QA your work
- Quick learner, you enjoy picking up new concepts and skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar is a nice to have
- Bonus for experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Bonus for experience with popular MQs - Rabbit, Kafka
- English required
- Be part of the founding team of a startup backed by some of the finest investors of the London tech scene
- Competitive salary
- Equity sign-on bonus
- Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Annual retreat
- Role is permanent: we're looking for an engineer who'll drive our development and grow with us
- Position is a remote contract, whole team is remote, HQ is in London
- Salary is gross, you'll have to pay 6% contractor taxes
Попов Антон, 7-916-5927654, 7-916-5927654