Backend Junior/Intern Engineer (Kotlin/Java)
The world of renting is broken. Landlords and tenants have to live in a system that is rude, inefficient and expensive.
We believe that renting should be simple, fair and transparent. And we're using design and technology to provide both landlords and tenants with a brilliant experience at a reasonable price.
Before founding Kiko, Val and Tony have worked for Revolut and Blockchain to help these companies scale up to millions of users and transactions. Kiko is backed by some of the finest investors of the London and European tech scene.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Backend Engineering Intern to work the development of our platform. You'll have the unique opportunity to start a career in a start up and grow fast with us. You'll work very closely with two world-class founders that previously have helped companies such as Revolut and Blockchain to acquire millions of users and build products that process millions of transactions every day.
We’re looking to hire some of the most talented developers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Work on a greenfield project to disrupt rentals market and grow big with us, lots of exciting problems to solve and decisions to take part in
- Be involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation to QA and release
- There's work both on business side delivering new features and on the platform side scaling the infrastructure
- Our backend stack is based on Kotlin, Postgres and Redis, hosted on GCP in Kubernetes
- Join as 6th teammate, current team includes: CEO, CTO, FE developer, BE developer, Head of Ops
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Recent graduates and students from top universities
- Understanding of the backend and RDBMS
- Basic understanding of Java or Kotlin
- Results-driven, you like to create new fancy code projects and bring them to perfect condition
- Quick learner, you enjoy picking up new concepts and skills
- Grow with help of our development team to become autonomous and contribute to our success
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Bonus for understanding of popular messaging queues (Rabbit, Kafka)
- English is required
- Be part of the founding team of a startup backed by some of the finest investors of the London tech scene
- As a student work 20 hours a week and have a break during exams, option to work 40 hours and earn more during vacations
- Competitive salary
- Equity sign-on bonus
- Biannual equity bonuses and performance reviews
- All the latest tech you need
- Annual retreat
- Role is permanent: we're looking for an engineer who'll drive our development and grow with us
- Position is a remote contract, whole team is remote, HQ is in London
- Salary is gross, you'll have to pay 6% contractor taxes
Попов Антон, 7-916-5927654, 7-916-5927654