Full-Stack Node.JS Developer (AWS)
About the company:
ClearScale delivers best-of-breed cloud systems integration, application development, and managed services. We are experts in utilizing proven cloud technologies and are on the cutting edge of integrating emerging cloud technologies into our practice.
ClearScale holds a prestigious Premier AWS Consulting partner status (about 50 partners in North America out of 15,000+, top 2% tier). We have 7 competencies (DevOps, Data & Analytics, IoT, HealthCare, Migration, Mobile, and Nonprofit) and over 80+ AWS certifications. Unlike many partners, we are committed to AWS platform exclusively which makes our consulting team most experienced and knowledgeable about AWS products and solutions in North America.
Our company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, the heart of the Silicon Valley, with offices in New York, Denver, Phoenix, Toronto, Novosibirsk.
About the role
We are looking for a professional developer with AWS skills to participate in our projects and to join our agile software development team as a full-stack developer with a focus on Node.JS and other JS technologies running on AWS. We want to find a highly motivated, user-focused individual with a willingness to work collaboratively in an agile environment, innovate, and quickly learn and effectively apply new technologies. The culture is casual, positive, and collaborative.
- Design, code, test and deploy internal and customer-facing cloud services in NodeJS
- Analyse, scope and estimate tasks, identify technology stack and tools
- Design and implement optimal architecture and migration plan
- Communicate with client on project-related issues and infrastructure needs
- Collaborate with in-house and external development and analytical teams
ClearScale expects successful candidate to have most of the following qualifications and skills:
- Candidates with 6+ years of experience in an application developer or senior developer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field are preferred.
- 3+ years of experience developing back-end technologies: Node.JS
- We run on AWS, so you should have the ability to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure (at least - AWS Lambda).
- Proficiency in NoSQL (Redis) and SQL (PostgreSQL) database design
- Strong knowledge of data integration, integration patterns, strong REST API and microservices understanding
- Strong self-management and self-organizational skills
- Advanced English, participation in voice calls with the US team and customer
- Work in customer’s hours (like overlap 2-3 hours with Canada)
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You'd like to work remotely with a flexible schedule
- You thrive in a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You enjoy finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You're a quick learner - we face exciting new challenges every day, and are constantly evolving with emerging technology
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team